The Executive Assistant supports the Chief Executive Officer for Seaspan Marine Transportation (Tugs & Barges, Ferries, Petrobulk) and the Chief Financial Officer for Seaspan Marine Transportation. The position also supports our General Counsel for Seaspan ULC (Marine Transportation, the 3 Shipyards and Shared Services).
This position is accountable to ensure that a fast paced Executive office is run in an efficient and professional manner. The Executive Assistant has broad responsibilities in providing a range of support from administrative tasks to research and advisory assistance. In addition, this role provides vacation relief for the other Executive Assistant(s).
- Supports the CEO,CFO of Marine Transportation & General Counsel of Seaspan ULC, ensuring their daily schedules and activities are coordinated in a seamless manner.
- Performs general administrative duties in the CEO,CFO & General Counsel offices including:
- managing incoming and outgoing mail
- drafting, preparing and distributing internal and external correspondence, reports and presentations
- implementing and maintaining efficient filing systems
- scheduling meetings and appointments
- arranging business meetings and events involving the CEO,CFO & General Counsel both onsite and offsite and managing all logistical details
- making travel arrangements
- other administrative support as required for the efficient functioning of the Executive offices
- Coordinates all business functions the executive office hosts, including organizing invitations, venue, catering, and set up, preparing presentations, and all other logistical details.
- Prepares expense reports and approves invoices for the CEO,CFO & General Counsel.
- Along with other EAs, maintains the inventory of offsite records at 3rd party provider. Ensures adherence to the records retention policy with respect to destruction of records or long term retention as needed.
- Supports annual audit and budget process by ensuring communication and adherence to the schedule.
- Assists with the preparation and management of the budget for the offices of the CEO,CFO & General Counsel.
- Works with General Counsel to ensure the timely maintenance of corporate records.
- Organizes the following meetings: Quarterly Strategic Planning Meeting, Fall Planning meeting, Spring Manager’s meeting and other marine specific events as required.
- Manages sponsorships and donations company-wide: developing and tracking budget, responding to all requests, bringing to CLT for approval when required.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration or a business-related discipline is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years Executive Assistant experience in a corporate office environment assisting senior level executives.
- Experience working within an industrial environment is preferred.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook is required;
- Experience managing multiple Calendars in Outlook is required.
- Experience with SharePoint, Visio, Diligent and SalesForce an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Excellent planning, organizational, negotiation and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and business writing skills
- Tact, diplomacy, maturity, and a high level of professionalism
- Exemplifies a high level of ethics and integrity with a clear understanding and appreciation for confidentiality in all matters
- Flexible, attention to detail, and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve under tight time pressure
- A strong sense of urgency
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgement
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.