May 1, 2018
Number of Positions Available:
High School, College / University
Business and Management
Internet, MS Office, Email
Minimum Site Requirement:
· Excellent opportunity for career development
· Key role in a diverse and global organization
· Permanent | Location: Kitimat, BC
About the role
The Training Planner is responsible for ensuring the training delivery requirement for Kitimat works are appropriately planned, organized and executed in a timely and efficient manner and that training records are maintained and accurately reported. The position is Monday to Friday (not a fly-in-fly out role).
Located in the Kitimat district of British Columbia, the Kitimat, Kemano and Watershed operations continue to help drive the region’s economic development. At Kitimat, we are committed to reducing emissions through innovative technology whilst delivering some of the highest quality aluminum around the world.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about training and has a combination of strong scheduling and logistics experience, worked for a similar size organisation and understands the complexities of Learning Management Systems. Reporting to the Training Coordinator, you will:
· Lead by example, and integrate HSE guiding principles into his/her operational activities, to ensure the safety of employees while protecting the environment.
· Develop and maintain a rolling Training Calendar - ensuring training scheduling requests are actioned, and plans are scheduled and executed
· Ensure records of training events are appropriately recorded
· Ensure Learning Centre is maintained: materials, resources, and training aids are in place and their utilization is maximized
· Produce monthly skill matrices and training reports for the business (on request)
· Liaise with trainers and training providers
· Update training materials and packages in SharePoint
· Manage Learning Management System (LMS)
· Develop/adapt/use templates for notification of training events.
· Provide additional support to other team members in the Training Department
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now on Rio Tinto Careers using the link below:
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.