As a Desktop Administrator, your primary responsibility will be to ensure proper computer configuration and provisioning of all new and existing computer desktops. The Desktop Administrator is responsible for providing project management and technical support needed for the successful delivery of key infrastructure projects. The Desktop Administrator will also be responsible for providing support to the IT Services Help Desk, including periodic on-call and after hours support. Position is located in Vancouver, CA and will require the ability to travel
Responsibilities and Technical Skills Required:
- Create and maintain standard images
- Maintain standard hardware configurations
- Create and maintain standard desktop configurations
- Develop processes for computer deployments
- Manage software deployments
- Audit configurations to ensure compliance
- Maintain accurate hardware and software inventory records
- Document and train Service Desk staff on all SOP’s
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- PowerShell and other scripting technologies
- Software deployment tools (PDQ Deploy, SCCM)
- Desktop virtualization (VMware Horizon)
Business Skills Required:
- Business Knowledge: The individual should have a working knowledge of all electronic devices. Ability to be resourceful and innovative to quickly and creatively adapt to the changing landscape in Information Technology.
- Executes/Results-Driven: Sets and conveys clear goals and monitors progress; is accessible and supports other team members; obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
- Attention to Detail: A concern for ensuring accuracy, clarity and quality of work reflecting an underlying drive to increase efficiency and track organizational measures.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others' strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
- Client/Relationship Management: Establishes and builds relationships with clients. Applies knowledge to the business and provides personalized, value-added service. Demonstrates a willingness to meet needs of clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products and services that best serve client needs; uses client feedback as a basis for improving service and performs necessary follow-up work without being prompted.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Two years’ experience in customer service is required. Experience in a technical support role is preferred.
- Knowledge of common best practice financial, accounting, and business practices.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Good phone etiquette and the ability to diffuse agitated situations.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic hardware troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of personalities and skillsets, and improve the quality of IT processes, services and products
- Excellent organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude and desire to learn
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Desktop/laptop/network troubleshooting skills.
- Successfully perform job duties in accordance with defined procedures and with limited supervision
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.