May 10, 2018
Number of Positions Available:
Driver's License Class:
5 (Standard License)
Internet, MS Office, Email
Minimum Site Requirement:
Relief Operations Supervisor (CASTING)
· Global mining organization with an exceptional safety culture
· Competitive salary and benefits
· Excellent opportunity for career development and development of technical expertise
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximize value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor to lead and develop a high performing team whilst fostering a strong safety culture and building capabilities.
Located in the Kitimat district of British Columbia, the Kitimat, Kemano and Watershed operations continue to help drive the region’s economic development. At Kitimat, we are committed to reducing emissions through innovative technology whilst delivering some of the highest quality aluminum around the world.
What the Role Entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to drive and optimize operational performance in a fast-paced work environment. It also provides an opportunity to expand on past industrial and process experience.
Reporting to the Superintendent, you will be:
· Participating actively in RTM’s safety program to ensure team members are committed to company standards and practices
· Providing leadership through team building, planning, and setting key deliverables
· Focusing on continual improvement through technical expertise, team collaboration, improvement projects and supporting the engineering department
· Complying with regulations and standards in accordance with Lean methodology and the company's change management process
· Ensuring information systems are up-to date (e.g. work order history, employee pay details, and monthly reports).
· Supervising activities on night shift and weekends
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role you will have:
· High School Diploma, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar industrial or process focused setting.
· A minimum of 2 years’ Supervisory experience.
· Experience in a unionized environment.
· Strong leadership skills.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now on our Careers website: https://riotinto.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=20414
Please note, to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.